ASTM F104, the Standard Classification System for Nonmetallic Gasket Materials, includes a line call-out encompassing ASTM test methods for evaluating the physical and mechanical properties of nonmetallic gasket materials.
Some of these ASTM tests are:
- F 36 - Compressibility and Recovery
- F 37 - Sealability
- F 38 - Creep-relaxation
- F 146 - Fluid Resistance
- F1574 - Compressive Strength
In addition to ASTM tests, we also do testing to BSI (British Standards), DIN (German Institute for Standardization) and FSA (Fluid Sealing Association) standards. These tests include:
- BSI - F125A - Hot Compression
- DIN - 3535 - Gas Permeability
- FSA - NMG-204 - High Pressure Saturated Steam Test
These tests are outlined in the test methods section.