Compressed gasket sheets are made from a proprietary manufacturing process using elastomers, synthetic fibers, and minerals. Designed for easy cutting and installation, each sheet is coated with anti-stick materials. We also offer economy gasket sheets for contractor and PVF (pipe, valve & fitting) industries, as well as hydro-test gasketing.
Premium sheets suit a wide range of severe applications:
- Durlon® 8300 – A carbon-fiber compressed sheet for elevated pressures and temperatures.
- Durlon® 8400 – Commonly used in pulp and paper, power generation, and chemical processing industries, this sheet has the widest pH range of any compressed gasket (2–13).
- Durlon® 8500 – Exhibits excellent sealability with steam, hydrocarbon, and new generation refrigerants.
- Durlon® 8600 – Designed for applications involving steam, condensate, and diluted acids.
- Durlon® 8700 – A premium chloroprene gasket material with superior sealability in refrigerants such as Freon.
- Durlon® 8900 – Contains high strength fibers and graphite fillers bonded with nitrile (NBR) synthetic rubber to withstand high temperature and pressure applications.
Economy sheets include the following Durlon® gasket materials:
- Durlon® 5000 – Commercial grade for moderate service conditions. It contains high strength mineral fibers and fillers bonded with NBR.
- Durlon® 5300 – Commercial grade compressed non-asbestos sheet gasket material for moderate service conditions. Durlon® 5300 has the ABS Product Design Assessment (PDA) Certificate 14-HS1146798-PDA for intended service in marine and offshore applications.
- Durlon® 7900 (off-white)/7925 (green)/7950 (blue) – Economy grade with NBR binder for mild service in piping, equipment, or OEM applications in steam, hydrocarbons and refrigerants. These are economical alternatives when service applications are not severe.
- Durlon® 7910 – Approved for potable water applications requiring NSF/ANSI 61 certified material. These are preferred over smaller elastomer sheets to suit hot and cold water and waste-water industries.
Manufactured in a computer controlled, contaminate-free environment, PTFE gasket material provide superior sealability, torque retention, consistency, and excellent chemical resistance with complete traceability.
- Durlon® 9000 (blue) and 9000N (neutral/off-white) – Highly resistant to aggressive chemicals.
- Durlon® 9200W – Resistant to aggressive monomers, this sheet is best equipped for situations requiring a barium-sulfate filled PTFE material.
- Durlon® 9400 – Carbon-fiber filled PTFE designed for environments containing hydrofluoric acids and anhydrous hydrogen fluoride (AHF).
- Durlon® 9600 – Expanded PTFE gasket material designed for use in process piping and equipment in chemical, pulp and paper, food and beverage, and other general industrial applications.
GRI™ Identa-Seal® is the first color-coded sealing material family manufactured from 100% Genuine Viton® fluoroelastomer. After extensive third party testing, these seals were found to be more chemical and temperature resistant than carbon black filled materials.
Flexible Graphite and Durlon®CFG
Available in homogenous sheets, laminated styles, and high purity grades that inhibit oxidation, these materials complement Durlon® compressed sheet gaskets.
- Flexible graphite sheets – Heat resistant over a wide temperature range, it’s suitable for cryogenic temperatures while maintaining low electrical resistivity and high thermal conductivity.
- Durlon® CFG – Fire safe, blow-out resistant, and high spring in order to seal imperfect flanges on a variety of finishes in severe applications.
Durlon® DurCore™ Gaskets
This design uses a proprietary corrugated metal profile core; this seals cyclical pressure and temperature, insulates against high vibrations, and reduces blowouts.
- Durlon® 9600 with DurCore™ Technology – Designed to withstand demanding vibration, elevated temperatures, and aggressive chemicals in the pulp and paper industry, it can replace PTFE-filled spiral wound gaskets.
- Durlon® Durtec® with DurCore™ Technology – Fire safe gaskets that withstand high temperatures, intense pressures, blowout, and corrosive chemicals. They have a much lower leakage rate than spiral wound gaskets.
Made with an alternating combination of a preformed engineered metal strip and a more compressible filler material, this gasket creates a resilient seal because the strip’s shape acts as a spring under load.
Durlon® SWG styles have precise manufacturing tolerances allowing for lower stress sealing than conventional spiral wound gaskets. All Durlon® SWG gaskets are manufactured to ASME B16.20 standards and comply with API Specification Q1.
There are three standard Durlon® Spiral Wound Gaskets:
- Style D – Sealing element
- Style DR– Sealing element (D) and centering ring (R), acting as a compression stop
- Style DRI – Sealing element (D), centering ring (R), and inner ring (I), protecting sealing element from erosion and buckling while improving radial strength
Durlon® Joint Sealant
A highly fibrillated PTFE form-in-place sealant for gasketed joints, it is supplied in spools independent of flange dimensions. Available in various thicknesses with an adhesive backing, it exhibits high tensile strength, flexibility, compressibility, and stability under high temperature.
- FDA Compliant PTFE to 21 CFR 177.1550
- FDA Compliant Adhesive to 21 CFR 175.105
To learn more about Gasket Resources, Inc.’s product offering, contact us today.